Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018



I feel like I need to give you an update on what I am doing.

I am not going anywhere. If anything I will have more time to dive into my interests, make things more personal, share more tips.

There wasn't one reason I decided not be a store owner any longer. It wasn't my new job, I had it decided before. It definitely made it a huge juggle but it wasn't the only reason. 

For me it was mostly the season had changed for me. Really I never felt the same after I closed my shop a few years ago. That was me. I became less inspired, I never got time off, felt creatively tied down a bit. And the wheels in the retail world have been slowly coming off, any small business will tell you this. 

Mostly, I need a break. You don't get a break when you own a store. There are no excuses in the service industry. It wasn't for me any longer. I need a weekend to turn off my phone.

I am very, very different than when I went into this business. At the same time a bit more cynical, I have seen some things, I have done some things. I would say for the most part I came out softer and more self aware. Way less judgemental of what others are doing in their world and only focused on my lane. I wasn't always this way but I definitely came out this way in the end.


The thing is, I want to do my thing. Be fully creative, a free spirit, and make mistakes.

I could do none of those things running a store. And I had 6 years to work through that.

I will say that professionally I am taking a pause. But I am not done. 

I am open to what comes my way. I have already had a few......

We should always believe the best is yet to come...

I am excited to share the ride with you.

So, lots of love to you on this day of love!

-Alison