Thursday, February 2, 2012

i ' m   s o   p r o u d   o f   y o u    m o m 

I have had some setbacks this week. First Cooper was sick, then Camden sprained her wrist after school yesterday. Last night I took her to emergency care to see the doctor and get an x-ray. We thought she was fine to go to school, so this morning I sent her on her way. But by 10am she was in pain, so I picked her up from the nurses office.

 Now I need to be honest. My first instinct was, shoot {or maybe even a bad word :)}- I am opening a store this weekend all by myself, I needed this week to work nonstop and so far every day  this week something has come up to take me away from my work. And to be honest, I had a bit of a panic attack. Don't worry, I am fine now and in good spirits. A good talk with my mom and a glass of wine helped.

But what really helped were the words of my nine year old daughter.
 I took her down to the store today to grab some of my supplies. I have nothing at home in my studio, everything is now at the store.

We spent a few minutes there and she said to me, " Mom, I am so proud of you. I mean it, really proud of you. This store is beautiful and you did it on your own." 

Seriously, my nine year old said this! This taught me a lesson. I am doing this for her {and my son} so I can be home with them if there is an emergency and I don't have to worry about having a boss- I am my boss. So what if I don't get everything done before this weekend!
 My daughter is proud of me and that is super cool.

But I ended up getting a few things done today. I made some pillows and painted this sweet rocker.
{bad lighting, photo taken at night}

I love life lessons and all.... but I am hoping everyone is healthy tomorrow so I can get some work done!