Sunday, January 8, 2012

b e f o r e   i   g o

As you know I am heading off to California for the week so I won't be posting for a few days. But I wanted to leave you with a few projects that I finished over the weekend.

I want to make some paper heart garland for the shop. I think I will do something similar for one of the window displays {probably not hearts} and out of book pages. 


{also, I haven't figured out how to use my new camera yet}

{nice smudge on the mirror :)}

I definitely want to make some star garland for the kids play area, but I want to use a totally fun, modern, and unexpected for a kids area. I was thinking of a houndstooth paper in a large print. Now I just need to find it.
Pinned Image
Something  like this with out of fun paper.

I pinned this paper rose tree a few weeks ago. I think it will be fun in the shop.


Pinned Image

Here is my version.


If I get around to it, I will do some custom valentines to hang from some of the branches.


Also, I talked to Kennesha at http://restorationhouseinteriors.blogspot.com/ and she is going to be a vendor at the shop, yah! So now we have Erin from http://clementineandolive.blogspot.com/ , me, and Kennesha.
There is a possibility of a few other vendors joining in.
Did I tell you the space is 2000 square feet? Yes, we have a lot of room for fun furniture. We are also planning on having painting classes, and possibly girls night out craft nights.

One last thing {I need to go pack, I haven't done this yet!}


I took an old door out of Camden's playroom and hung it on one of the doors to my office. It isn't a working door, I basically secured it from the backside so you can't actually open it. 
There is a good reason though.
 My plan is to put shelves all the way down the backside for more office storage.

I still need paint it the same color as the trim.