Wednesday, July 6, 2011

f r o m   d e s k   t o   t a b l e 
{a solution to too much brown}


I think I might have solved the solution to too much brown in my family room. If you remember from a few posts back I used to have this table in the room as a game table. I kept it there for a while because the table really is a nice piece. The "too much brown" was driving me crazy. Brown tv console, brown leather couches, and a brown table in the middle of the room just wasn't me. I needed to lighten it up.


I have my little green desk {which will eventually be for sale} in my office now. I moved my big black desk into the family room and swapped out the chunky legs for another pair of table legs already cut down to coffee table height {my garage is full of these things}. The chunky legs are going on another table that I hope to finish this month.



After the new legs were on. I sanded the table, gave it four coats of BM, Simply White, in  Aura {sanding lightly in between the second and third coat} distressed {you can see the original black} and finished it off with two coats of clear wax.


I am still looking for two industrial looking kids chairs to fit right under.