Friday, February 18, 2011

g o i n g    g r e e n

A few weeks ago I showed you my family room. I had this cute little white cottage table. The kids kept messing with the casters and moving the table around. I needed the casters on the table to raise it for the kids chairs to fit under.
{oh and I took off the curtains to the office, much better and brighter}

This table is the most used piece of furniture in my house and this room is definitely the heart of our home.
I needed to come up with a solution, and possibly a free solution?
I had bought this $10 craigslist table a few months ago and I didn't like it in the kitchen. Too much black, not bright and cheery like the rest of the house. I knew if I hung onto it I would find something to do with it.
{I also took the curtains out of this room, what is with me?}

So I cut the legs down.
{I did this with a hand saw, I really need to get some better tools}

Then I needed to decide what color. This is the hardest part. White was out, it shows too many crayon marks. 
Then I went off to the store to look for some aqua blue spray paint, but they were out of the color I like. But I found this color, and thought, oh why not!

{leafy green, American Accents by Rust-oleum}
It picks up the color from the pretty trees outside.


Do you think I am crazy for going green?



One of the greatest things about this makeover is my husband. He didn't even blink and eye when he got home from work or say "Um what is with the big green table taking over our family room?"

He is a happy table and now I need to think of a nickname for him.
Please scroll down to see what this was linked to.