Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

p a i n t i n g    a g a i n !

I took a break from painting for the store the last three weeks. I need to do this every once in a while to take care of store business that I tend to neglect. 

In my own home I have been painting everything black and white, no color! I balance the starkness with a lot of rustic wood elements.I paint so much color for the store, it is nice to have a clean slate at home.  I am still working on my house but as soon as I am done I will show you room by room what I have done. 


I thought I would bring a little bit of black and white into Poppy and Co this week. Don't worry, next week I will be back to bold colors, but this week I had fun painting in more neutral tones. 



I spray primed the white desk and then one coat of General Finishes Snow White. Such a pretty color. It is finished off with a clear wax.



 The black desk is painted in General Finishes Lamp Black and sealed with a clear wax. The knobs add just a fun finishing touch.

It is good to be back to painting! I have missed having a brush in my hand and paint dust all over my clothes.

linked up
MMS Furniture Party!