Wednesday, June 20, 2012

t w o    f o r    o n e   
{dresser makeovers}

As you know I love to paint a dresser. It is by far my favorite piece to makeover.

I picked up this matching set a few weeks ago and I knew immediately I was going to paint them all white. White? I know. I am always painting a dresser a funky color but I thought that the lines on these pieces were so beautiful that if I painted them any other color {except maybe grey} that it would actually take away from what makes the pieces special.



I decided to use General Finishes Milk Paint in Snow White.
This is by far my new favorite paint-I ADORE it!

{before}



My friend Devon uses this paint and was raving about so I had to try it. Now, it is hard to find. You either have to order in online or look for a retailer close to you that sells it. I ordered mine online {Amazon}. 
The price is pretty good-around $23 for a quart. Compare that to chalk paint!
Also, you don't need to wax or  poly it to finish. You can if you think you need to {maybe if you were painting a table top that gets heavy use} but I think it is really really durable. One reason it is so durable? The paint is an indoor/outdoor.

Head over to the manufacturer website {as linked above} to find out more information.


One downside of this paint? The colors. They are very colonial. If you like that look-great. 
I like to have a variety. I am excited to play more with this paint. I want to see if I can use Snow White as a base color and add an acrylic to make a different color {maybe grey?}.
I have the prefect project to try this one-another makeover for next week!