Wednesday, March 7, 2012

m o d e r n   c o t t a g e    s t a l k s    t h e    m l s


This is my new title, instead of Favorite House Friday.  I like it because I can do a weekly mls listing but I am not stuck with doing it on a specific day of the week. Plus, I really do stalk the mls.


This week started off with major productivity for me and it came to a totally halt yesterday. My kids have half days at school because of teacher conferences so my painting has been put on the backburner. Yesterday I spent all morning cleaning my house while they were in school. And when I say cleaning I mean not the deep down cleaning like I really need to do but laundry, hanging up clothes that were all over the house, and sitting down to pay bills. With the shop I have been working six days a week and it is showing my homekeeping. I try not to work on Sundays, keep it for my family time {even though I did sneak some painting last Sunday}. So if you email me on a Sunday I probably won't get back to you until Monday morning. I am trying to maintain balance, if I don't, I am going get some major burnout.


This morning I spent treasure hunting for the store. I didn't have any luck at the thrift stores {I rarely do} but I hit up an antique store I hadn't been to in a while and got a fantastic farmhouse table {or desk}, a picture, some sort of antique drying rack, and a large mirror. They will all be painted green. I might work on them tomorrow.

I hung my embroidery hoop art from the drying rack {or whatever this thing is-if you know shout it out} from my family room window but I will take it to the shop tomorrow.


{sorry I didn't remove my laptop before taking the photo, but this is where I am typing this post right now!} 




Ok, lets get to the mls listing of the week {enough shop talk!}














I also run across a ton of houses on the mls that  I love the exterior, but not necessarily the interior.

Here are some of my favorites, all are new on the market this week.