Monday, November 28, 2011

i f   i   h a d   t i m e   t o  s e w 

You would think I would want to sew pillows, slipcovers, duvets...right! Well yes, I would love have the time to learn how to sew these things-the right way. I learned my sewing skills in 7th grade home economics class {do they still have this?}.  I remember I made myself a pair of floral leggings, yikes! Actually, I might have made myself a couple pairs of floral leggings.

 I have pretty basic sewing skills. I make a lot of my decorative pillows because I am pretty picky about patterns, colors, and textures all working together. And I get bored with a pattern on my pillows, so I sew another one to replace it {way cheaper than buying new pillows all of the time}. I have to say I don't know how to sew piping or even a zipper. I know I can learn, I just need to find the time! 

What I have been thinking about lately is making some of my own clothes. Why? Because the only things I have going on right now is....the holiday season and all of it's craziness,  painting enough furniture for my store opening {like 10 pieces of large furniture, lamps, picture frames and 6-10 chalkboards}, getting the house ready for a magazine shoot {more on this later}, several custom furniture pieces for clients, and the small task of taking care of my family! Yes, I have so much time on my hands right now, so I should learn to make my own clothes. What am I thinking!

Ok, so this is not the month to learn to sew. But if it was these are the patterns I would start out with.

Pinned Image


Pinned Image



Photo of Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic sewing pattern for women.



1f614378276bc45937e26009a56b296134f7c837_large
link



link






link

Oh, one day I will have the time to sew. Maybe I  can make it a goal to make a few skirts for summer.

Don't forget Wednesday I announce the winner of the stencil giveaway!