Sunday, July 10, 2011

a l i s o n   g e t s   h e r   g r o o v e   b a c k

Yes! My second post in two days and two projects done. My husband has been great helping me with the kids this weekend so I can get some work done. I had been feeling pretty bummed last week and I figured out why...I need to paint.  It is more than my creative outlet , it is part of who I am, and I haven't had much time to do it lately.

I just finished this peacock blue desk today. I know the brand is Behr Ultra, in satin, but there is no color on the can and I forgot to get the chip. I need to be better about organizing my paint chips.
{seriously ugly before}
I have had this desk for a while. It was in my room, then the garage waiting for a transformation. It was a dull, boring black. I think the desk needed to get it's groove back too.

I sanded the piece lightly, went right over the black paint with three coats of blue, distressed, did a glaze {3 parts glaze to 1 part black, water based craft paint}. I sponged the glaze over the piece, and then wiped it down. I then added cute knobs from a local craft store and  2 coats of wax over the entire desk.

It will go into my office until someone buys it!