Tuesday, May 24, 2011

p e a c o c k   b l u e

I started transforming some of my estate sale finds from last weekend. I usually have a plan of what color paint and hardware I want before I head to the paint store to purchase paint.

I headed to Home Depot yesterday and went to the Behr paint section {I know I usually go for Benjamin Moore but my Home Depot doesn't care this brand}.

Behr had a small section of "vintage" inspired colors, so I thought what the heck...and I bought a peacock blue.

I also bought a lovely grey from Martha Stewart but this is for another piece that I will show you later this week.
{sorry for the blurry photo, my camera is acting up lately}

I bought a knotty pine dresser from an estate sale {sorry no before picks}. I sanded, added a bonding spray primer {the finish was still pretty shiny after sanding}, two coats of the blue, distressed the edges so the wood and some white primer would show through.

I then mixed up a dark glaze and when over whole piece. I finished with a wax and it is done!


I will put this on Shop Modern Cottage today and it might end up going to MC at Blooming Kids {see tab}. 

Right now it is sitting in my office waiting for a new home.
Come and get it!

Please scroll down to bottom of page to see what this was linked to!