Saturday, July 16, 2011

m y   v e r s i o n   o f   a   n a u t i c a l   d r e s s e r


{before}
I have had my eye on this dresser for sale for a while, and I picked it up Thursday. I love the stacked look of the piece, and the wood was pretty too. I have been wanting to use the Benjamin Moore, Blue Danube paint I purchased last week, and thought it would be lovely on this piece.


I didn't prime this piece, I almost wanted a dry brush look. I did give it a very very good sanding though. Three coats of paint, with a sanding between the first and second coat. Then lightly distressed, glazed with a dark walnut stain, and finished with a wax.

I primed the knobs with a white spray primer and roughed up the edges so you could see the pretty wood through. I waxed the knobs and put them back on the piece.


I love how it turned out.
This will go in the shop in the fall, email me now if you are interested in purchasing it and I will give you dimensions and a price.