Thursday, June 9, 2011

s o m e t i m e s   i    g e t    i t    w r o n g

I bought this buffet off craigslist a few weeks ago. This guy is big, really big. I still can't believe I fit it in my SUV, but it did, and he sat in my garage for a bit until I could decide what to color paint him.

I was painting the cute dresser in Schoolhouse Slate at the same time as I was getting started on this piece so I thought, ok, I will paint him grey.
{like the dresser I painted below}


I was wrong. He looked like a whale or a big ship....not sure which. So I got started on other painting projects for clients and I came back to this guy yesterday.

I thought I would paint it my favorite color BM Covington Blue because well....I don't  know I thought maybe he needed some feminitity?  I love the way it turned out.

I painted the blue right over the grey. Distressed the edges so you can see a bit of the grey along with the natural wood. Then I waxed the piece in a clear wax. Oh, and I spray painted the original hardware black.

I think in the end I got it right.