Monday, May 16, 2011

m y   f a v o r i t e  d e s k 

I was going to post this desk tomorrow but I was excited to show it to you. It turned out lovely. 

I started off with the typical sand, prime, and one coat of creamy-white paint. After the first coat of paint I wasn't sure how this desk was going to turn out. I doubted myself.

I wanted to this piece to make a statement, so I decided to add the circle pattern to the drawers {BM Covington Blue-I am going to keep use this paint until I run out. I have about a half a gallon left, plus it is my favorite color}

After the paint was dry I distressed the edges, painted the top black {this is leather that I primed, painted and sealed with poly}, painted the original hardware black, and the finished the desk off with a good wax.

This is going in Shop Modern Cottage. I hope this goes to a good home because I love it.



Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of page to see what this was linked to.